Use this resource to
- Quickly record video, audio, and screen capture
- Securely share video with approved users of your choosing
- Makes live events available to large audiences. After an event has ended, edit Panopto’s automatic recording to meet your needs.
Quickly Record Video
- You can record your audio, webcam image, and screen directly from your web browser.
- Use the automatic camera operator feature to follow you as you present.
- See a preview of your screen as you record.
- Panopto is software agnostic and doesn’t care if you use keynote, Google slides or any other tool, it simply captures what you want it to.
Selectively Share Video
- Stream a scheduled event live and use the automatic recording that is created. You can even create multiple versions for different audiences.
- Students can submit presentations into an assignment folder that is either shared with the instructor or the entire class.
- Share links to videos in advance of events.
- Re-use content across multiple courses
Search Video Content
- All Panopto videos are automatically provided with machined-generated closed captions.
- You can use the search functionality within Panpoto to jump to the content you need in a presentation (slides, speaker closed captions).
- Panopto’s privacy settings means your video content won’t accidentally appear in someone else’s Google search.
Create with Confidence
- Quick editing features and a preview after you’ve completed your recording allow you to present your best self.
- Control who may see your content with and decide whether you want to permit viewers to download copies.
- Panopto is a fully supported product. We pay yearly license fees in order to guarantee access and timely support to ProCom instructors and students.
D2L authorized courses
Can’t capture audio and/or your screen from your Mac? You may need to unblock access with this guide.