This guide will summarize how to upload a video that you’ve created into Panopto.
How to upload a video to Panopto
- Log in to panopto.fcad.ryerson.ca
- Click on the ‘Create‘ button on the top of the page and select the ‘Upload media‘.
3. In the “Add files to” panel you can select your course folder and the subfolder for the assignment.
4. You can narrow your search by searching by term
5. Click on the ‘Choose video or audio files‘ button and navigate to the file’s location on your computer.
6. Upload your file and wait for Panopto to verify that is has been processed (this will usually take 5-15 minutes depending on the length of the video). Play your video / audio in Panopto to confirm that it works as intended.
7. Your course instructor will automatically have access to your uploaded media.
How to view and share your video
- You can view your own submission and your peers’ (only if the instructor makes this an option) by locating the submission folder with the your course name. The folders are displayed on the right side of your window and fall under a certain semester (i.e., F2019 courses).
- Share with any peers/group members, if asked by your instructor.
- You can also share the video by coping and distributing its link.
If you are required to accompany your submission with a PDF attachment, you should:
- Open up the “Settings” button under your video submission
- Click “Streams” and then “Upload PDF“.
- Once submitted, the PDF will appear next to your video submission.
If you would like to use the Panopto web-based video editor, consult this guide for alternate upload instructions.