CMN 210 – Text, Image, and Sound makes use of image editing software, audio editing software and blogging tools. All hardware resources are distributed from the RCC 166 FCAD Equipment Distribution Centre. Reference the menu below to find more about the equipment available to you and how to access them.
[toggle title=”What Equipment Can I Sign Out?”]
[iconheading type=”h3″ style=”glyphicon glyphicon-camera”]Available Equipment[/iconheading]
Resources include as selection of cameras, microphones, computers, tablets, and field recording devices. The following items are available for reservation:
- Canon T5i DSLR camera
- ZOOM H4n field audio recorder
- Microphones (case-by-base basis, subject to cage staff approval)
- MacBook Pro laptop computers
For further resource information/guides, consult the resources documentation library.
[iconheading type=”h3″ style=”glyphicon glyphicon-calendar”]How to reserve equipment[/iconheading]
To make an online reservation and see equipment availability, login to our web-based booking system here. Before using the system, know that:
- 90% of our resources are available online
- [icon type=”glyphicon glyphicon-exclamation-sign” color=”#dd3333″]Your first reservation must be made in the EDC so that you can sign-off on our Liability form[icon type=”glyphicon glyphicon-exclamation-sign” color=”#dd3333″]
- You will only be able to see resources that you are authorized to access
- This is a reservation request, if you do not receive a confirmation email assume your reservation as not been accepted
- Reservation request can be submitted up to 1 hour prior to your pickup time
A help guide on the above system is also available.
[toggle title=”Equipment Pickups”]
[iconheading type=”h3″ style=”glyphicon glyphicon-shopping-cart”]Equipment Pickups[/iconheading]
Resources can also be booked in-person at the cage, RCC 166. Information on the cage, including hours of operation, can be accessed here.
Note: students agree to an equipment lending policy when they pick up equipment. Fines are charge for late or damaged equipment. Any late fines will result in grades being withheld.
[iconheading type=”h3″ style=”glyphicon glyphicon-check”]Tutorials[/iconheading]
Many course tutorials can be found on this web site by searching or by viewing our posts for CMN 210
Extensive tutorials from Lynda.com are also available for free to all Ryerson students. Lynda.com is a great resource with videos and files that you can follow along with at your own pace. Videos range from basic introduction to programs like PhotoShop and Premiere to advanced uses of specific features. Sign up here with your @ryerson.ca email address.
[toggle title=”Help and special requests”]
[iconheading type=”h3″ style=”glyphicon glyphicon-question-sign”]Help[/iconheading]
Get technology support from ProCom Technology Advisors. We offer one-on-one appointments as well as online support. View ways of getting help on our get help page.
If you have a specific request regarding access to equipment and technology, please contact James Loney.