Do you need technology help?
fleXlab 1 (RCC 205) is a ProCom-owned teaching space that can quickly move between lecture and lab configurations. Please email email@example.com for all technology- and booking-related questions.
Room features include:
29 mobile tablet arm chairs
2 swivel guest chairs
Generous power placement around the perimeter of the room, including power in the centre of the room
A card reader to control door access and scheduling. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if issues arise concerning access/door scheduling.
A CCS-compatible podium with HDMI input, 1080p projector and integrated Mac Mini
Generous wifi coverage
A 15-seat MacBook laptop cart (instructors must request access from email@example.com in advance of classes)
Apple AirPlay laptop screen sharing connectivity
Integrated audio/video Panopto webcasting technology on a height-adjustable workstation
- Login to the instructor Mac using your Ryerson credentials. Please never turn this computer off, just restart it as required. The computer will only permit ProCom instructors to login to it.
- If the Mac has been turned off and needs to be manually started, look for the translucent panel inside the podium cabinet marked “Mac Power” and insert a pen to press the power button through the opening. You’ve successfully pressed the button when the Mac produces a sound.
- Use the small touch screen to control the podium functionality (e.g., audio levels, room lighting, screen mute, etc…)
- If the projected image appears pink or yellow, quickly refresh the system by switching to the document camera and then back to the Mac.
- If using AirPlay, Please select the Apple TV option available in the touch screen.
- For extra advice using AirPlay, use this guide: https://procomtechnology.ca/2019/10/07/airplay-atv/