[notification type=”alert-info” close=”false” ]This lab is managed and supported by ProCom Technology. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or x. 552594 for assistance.[/notification]
fleXlab 2 is a flexible teaching space that can move between lecture and lab configurations. It features modular wheeled furniture, tabletop power for laptops and generous wifi reception. Please email email@example.com with any booking- or technology-related questions.
Room features include:
- 37 chairs on castors with moveable desks
- 16 fixed bar-height chairs with high tables
- Generous power placement around the perimeter of the room, on tables, and in the centre of the room
- A card reader to control door access and scheduling. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if issues arise concerning access/door scheduling.
- A CCS-compatible podium with HDMI input, 1080p projector and integrated Mac Mini
- Generous wifi coverage
- A 20-seat MacBook laptop cart (instructors must request access from email@example.com in advance of classes)
- Apple AirPlay for wireless laptop screen connectivity (be sure to connect using the on-screen code after activating Apple TV on the touch screen).
- Integrated audio/video recording and Panopto webcasting
Presentation Technology Instructions
- Login to the instructor Mac using your Ryerson credentials. Please never turn this computer off, just restart it as required. The computer will only permit ProCom instructors to login to it.
- If the Mac has been turned off and needs to be manually started, a key is located in the locked laptop cart. Use this key to temporarily unlock the Plexiglas panel inside the podium. The power button is at the back of the silver Mac Mini and the Mac will chime once you’ve successfully pressed it.
- Use the small touch screen to control the podium functionality (e.g., audio levels, room lighting, screen mute, etc…)
- If the projected image appears pink or yellow, quickly refresh the system by switching to the document camera and then back to the Mac.