CMN 450: Adobe Audition Activity
Outside of Adobe Audition (preparation):
- From the finder, make a new folder under Documents call it Audio Activity
- Find the files in the demo activity folder and copy them to the above folder.
- Open Audition. Create a new multitrack session and link it to the above folder location via Browse. Set the session to a sample rate of 44100 Khz
- Go to File and Import. Import the files from the temp-edit folder, drag them to the tracks, mute/solo, zoom in.
Basic Editing Tasks
- Order the audio files (clips), by dragging them onto tracks. If asked, to change your sample rate, click, OK.
- Cut the audio clips, remove unwanted gaps, rearrange order of clips as needed. This will work best with the example voice file.
- Using tracks to layer audio, voices, music, and sound effects: Add cheesy music or other effects.
- Adjust the volume levels between audio elements with volume modification (zoom in, use the yellow volume level line.
Saving your audio
- Take a final listen though, make sure there are no undesired clips on (zoom out)
- Export > Multitrack Mixdown > Entire Session