This guide assumes that you have recorded and edited a video file (.mp4 or equivalent exported version) that you are ready to submit to your course instructor. The following article documents the upload process using the ProCom Panopto video-hosting platform.
- Log in to panopto.fcad.ryerson.ca
- Select your course folder using the browser on the left panel of the site and click into the assignment box for your course
- Click on the green ‘Create’ button on the top of the page and select the ‘Upload media’ option from the menu as illustrated below.
- Click on the ‘Choose video or audio files’ button and navigate to the file’s location on your computer. Supported video types include MP4, MOV, MPG, AVI, and others.
- Upload your file and wait for Panpoto to verify that is has been processed. Once uploaded, share with any peers/group members, if instructed by your instructor. Your course instructor will automatically have access to your uploaded media as soon as it has been processed by Panopto (usually in 2-10 minutes depending on resolution).
- Open up the “Settings” button under your video submission
- Click “Streams” and then “Upload PDF”. Once submitted, the PDF will appear to the right of your video submission, but the viewer can use the fullscreen controls to make your video fill the screen.
Your instructor may have requested that you submit a PDF attachment with your video submission. To upload this document along with your video
If you would like to use the Panopto web-based video editor, consult this guide for alternate upload instructions.