The ProCom Practicum Centre (RCC 370) is a technology-enhanced collaboration space designed exclusively for ProCom undergraduate and graduate students. In addition to serving as a collaboration space, the facility is a community space designed for students to use between classes.
RCC 370 is a collection of rooms accessible to ProCom students 24/7 via with their OneCard 24/7. On an occasional basis, the space is used to host ProCom community events. Our Reservation Calendar indicates if the room is ever not available to students. Special events are also announced on the digital signage screen adjacent to the RCC 370 entrance.
The Practicum Centre features four drop-in “pods” that enable groups to easily collaborate with technology. Three of these pods are open concept while the fourth pod is enclosed in a moveable glass boardroom wall system. Each pod features the following technology:
- A wall-mounted 55″ touch screen LCD TV. Each TV is height-adjustable and fully accessible.
- A built-in Mac loaded with the full Adobe Creative Cloud, Keynote and standard MS Office apps.
- HD webcam + conference microphones to allow you to host group meetings and connect with members via Skype, Panopto, or Adobe Connect.
- (experimental due to CCS network restrictions)Apple TVs for apps and AirPlay screen mirroring (see guide) from iPads, iPhone and MacBooks.
- Hardwired laptop connectivity via HDMI
- Mobile tables/chairs with built-in power and charging cables for phones
Sound-isolated production booth (RCC 370F)
A sound-isolated production both provides an ideal environment to record and create audio-visual projects. Studio features include:
- Height-adjustable/fully-accessible furniture
- A fully-loaded 27″ screen iMac
- High quality speakers with a Blue Nessie USB microphone.
Note: You must reserve the studio at the RCC 166 Equipment Cage. The iMac features the full Adobe Creative Cloud software lineup and access to the FCAD sound effects library via iTunes.
Boardroom (RCC 370E)
A bookable boardroom with the above pod technology and additional webcasting functionality is attached to the Practicum Centre (reservation form below). Digital signage at the boardroom entrance also indicates when the space is free/reserved for all users. At all times, the schedule below has priority and drop-in users are required to vacate the boardroom if a reservation appears.
The Practicum Centre is sometimes used to host events of interest to ProCom community members. All RCC 370 event bookings must be entered into the request system with the booking form. Please note: events take this students space offline and must be reviewed by ProCom staff for approval.
If you encounter problems with OneCard access to RCC370, please contact email@example.com. Please be mindful of security when working in this space and do not let anyone into this room. Only authorized users will have OneCard access. For your safety and security, a blue panic pull station is located on the north wall, under the Security and Emergency services poster.